Saturday, November 7, 2009

8-14-09 Friday...our last day

Made it home safe and sound from the baptism. Tried falling asleep to the music and people partying in the mariscal. A little difficult but it was like music to my ears after a while.

The infamous mariscal as seen from my hostel balcony

Last day in Ecuador. It's Friday and we're off to Papallacta (a second time for me). For some, it was not the way they wanted to end their summer in Ecuador...yet another bus trip. For me, it was heaven because I knew how wonderful and special this place is. At least this bus was brand new and very comfortable even by American standards. The ride was not nearly as beautiful as the first time I went ONLY because of the cloud cover. You could hardly see Cotopaxi and Antisana was no where to be found. When we got there it was a little rainy but tolerable, especially in the hot thermal baths. Sarah and I scooted over to the spa and had a massage. It was awesome! Went to the pools and found hardly anyone there. Most were back on the bus and ready to go and we had only been there a little over an hour. Poops! Hung out in the pools with Sarah, Peter and Kate for a while. It was relaxing and a nice way to end the summer. Just wished the weather had been better. On the way back everyone slept but I had homework....a tribute to Michelle. I picked her name and we had to say something about our person at dinner tonight. Ugh...I'm so bad at this stuff. This is the only picture from this trip.

The lake


Got back and had to hustle for dinner at el Cafeton Cubano. I had to re-write my acrostic poem for Michelle. Gosh, I work good under pressure!! We had a great time...lots of laughs and stories. Mojito, mojito!!! My turn to read for Michelle and I'm not sure she liked it. She never said one word to me afterwards. Bummed. Whatever...
Claire and Claire
Carrie...FML!

Mojito, mojito!!
The Gang! Missing Jeremy, Katie D, Katie

Went out to....can't think of it right now, but the bar we went to last summer with just adults. It was an American place too. What IS the name?? Anywho...it is Sarah's 21st birthday at midnight and we needed to go celebrate some more.

Oh happy day, my friend!

Kate, Thea, Gracie

Thea, Anne Marie, Gracie

My last night :( Taking one last peek from the balcony

I go home at midnitish knowing we had to get up at 3 and leave by 3:30 to get to the airport. Who stumbles in an hour before we're supposed to get up? Sarah definitely had a good night.
Poor girl just about overslept. We managed to get all our shit together and get our sorry butts to the bus on time. ONE LAST BUS TRIP. No more pictures. My camera screen is broken anyways but the rest is just memories. We were all tired, nervous about getting caught with DVD's, and just pictured out. Saying good-bye to the others and exchanging cell phone numbers was enough. Leave it to Facebook, email, and an occasional phone call to keep in touch. I will never forget these volunteers. They rock and I look forward to a reunion some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment