Thursday, June 18, 2009

All is well in Quito!!

So much has been going on that I haven't been able to write or upload photos yet. We're all doing really well. This is our last day in the hotel. Some of us move in with our host families today and some tomorrow as they are traveling far distances. I have the pleasure of jumping in a taxi and making the 5-10 minute ride to the place I will call home for the next 7 weeks. I am very excited but am a little anxious/nervous, I'm not sure what I would call it. I talked (attempted to, anyways) Ana Maria yesterday and pretty much failed miserably. She sounds like a very sweet lady and her spanish is clear and she speaks slowly. THANK GOODNESS!!! I know I will be in good hands!!

We have been doing so much here in Quito. I will upload photos as soon as I can. (I have to figure out how from an Internet Cafe). We finally got out of the city yesterday. One thing I won't miss is the black air from buses, taxis and cars. I may come home with "black lung disease". If you want to see where we were, look up Teleferiqo in Quito. I will write more later but if I had to come home tomorrow, yesterday made my trip. Enough said for now.

5 comments:

  1. sounds like your busy!. Dont come back with "black lung disease". Ana Maria sounds very nice!
    Breanna linna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, it's so good to hear from you. You are going to be so fluent in Spanish when you come home. I think about you every day and cannot wait to see your pictures. Much Love-Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayne, I love reading your post and hearing how your adventures are going in Ecuador. I can't wait to hear how things continue to progress and to see your photos. Continued safe travels, as you are in my thoughts. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sister, Sounds like all is going well - busy and exciting. Try not to hurt yourself dancing!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. We missed you at mom and dad's for Father's Day. We had some spicy chili in your honor. It sounds like things are going well. We enjoy reading your blog. Take care and be safe. You will do fine teaching. The kids say "Hi." CHRIS

    ReplyDelete