Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Home life"....

.






PHOTOS: Top to bottom...AnaMaria, view from my bedroom, pictures all over of family and friends, dining room, living room, kitchen

WATER ISSUE: Ok, I had had enough of the cold water and just decided to ask AnaMaria what the heck was going on. The faucet is extremely sensitive and she showed me what to do. I jumped for joy and gave her a kiss!!! The best part of my day today so far. I´m so looking forward to tomorrow morning.

A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Wake up at 5:30am, walk to bus stop 6:15ish
- Pay $.25 for a 10 min ride to my school. The Trole bus is pretty slick. The mornings have not been as crowded as during the day. Some days you are literally packed in like sardines. I´m not kidding...one time I had the door close on me. Big bruise on my leg. People´s arms get caught in the door. This is not a very nice place to be when its hot. You have to watch your bags, pockets, purses, etc. I haven´t had any issues yet but another volunteer had her front jeans pocket picked on Tuesday. Lost $3.00 and she didn´t even realize it until she was off the bus.
- Class from 7-9am. Head to catch a bite to eat afterwards with the other 2 teachers. We walk a lot!! Our favorite place (so far) is Mister Bagel. Coffee shops do not open until 10AM!!!! UGH! I´m dying for a Chai tea!
- Do errands (go to WorldTeach office, shop for supplies, DVD´s, go to the market, etc)
- Lunch at 1pm SHARP
- Afternoon...Internet cafe or make copies for class, walked to lavandaria to do laundry, prepare for class
- Walk to class at 5:30pm. 8:15pm taxi home because I don´t dare walk the 4 blocks.
- Dinner at 8:30 and bed soon after but up late doing ¨stuff¨.

3 comments:

  1. Ana maria looks so nice! The water thing is funny. Lol. You have a busy schedal. The Trole bus situation does not sound fun. I got my thumb caught in a door today I can imagine a whole leg. Be careful!
    Breanna Linna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I didnt look for a whole day and I missed like three posts! Whoa~ Oh well. Proves I got to look more!
    Breanna Linna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jayne,
    I like the gift of the cow. :) What better representation of Wisconsin. When I read your post from Friday, I was thinking the same thing Denny (?) was, can we send you any supplies or $ to help assist things for you. I would be more than happy to send items over to you.
    Also, I am taking a Multicultural Class with all future educators this summer @ UW-O and I am sure my class would also be willing to send a care package with supplies to help assist in any way we can as well.
    Are the streets/area safe to run in?
    Keep up the great work that you are doing there!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete