Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm half way there...

Hola de Miami!

I had a great trip here with the exception of saying "see you soon" to family and friends, some bad storms near Miami and a crazy lady sitting in front of me. It is always interesting, the people you meet while traveling. I was surrounded by people speaking Spanish. They were from Honduras and very friendly. One gentleman was a MATH teacher! I was struggling trying to comprehend what they were saying but hopefully by August I will be better at it.

I will be spending the summer in the capital city of Quito, population 2 million. It is the second largest city in Ecuador with all of the urban appeal. The first 10 days will be intense with training (including SALSA dance lessons!). Then the fun begins. I will be teaching at SECAP which is state-run and funded by the government and reasonably affordable to everyone in the community. It is part technical school and part community school. I will be teaching students ages 14-80.

Speaking of students... Hello Lombardi students! I hope you enjoy your last week of school. Be good for the sub!! :o)

2 comments:

  1. I didnt have math today :(. We had a good day. Glad u made it this far!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) Breanna Linna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, I hope all is going well. Any Salsa lessons yet? Take Care and looking forward to your next update. Donna

    ReplyDelete